Two days after saying she was “not yet ready” to mourn the death of Willie Garson, Sarah Jessica Parker posted a touching tribute to his Instagram account in memory of his friend on screen and in real life.
“It was unbearable,” Parker wrote of the loss of Garson, who died on Tuesday. “Sometimes silence is a statement. Of gravity. Anguish. The extent of the loss of a friendship of more than 30 years. Parker went on to describe their friendship as one that allowed for “secrets, an adventure, a shared professional family, the truth, concerts, road trips, meals, late night phone calls, mutual dedication to the parenthood and all the heartache and joy that comes with it, triumphs, disappointments, fear, rage and years spent on sets (especially in Carrie’s apartment) and laughing until late into the night as Stanford and Carrie and Willie and SJ.
As part of the tribute, Parker shared several photos of herself and Garson together both on-screen and off-screen. Garson, who was first introduced as Carrie Bradshaw’s best friend and confidant, Stanford Blatch in the series pilot, has appeared regularly throughout Sex and the cityfrom 1998 to 2004 and also appeared in both feature films. Prior to his death, Garson was seen filming scenes from the upcoming spinoff series, And just like that …
Parker wrote: “I will miss everything about you. And replay our last moments together. I will reread every text of your last days and put in writing our last appeals. Your absence a crater that I will fill with the blessing of these memories and of all those who are still in recesses yet to surface. My love and my deepest sympathies and condolences to you dear Nathen. You were and are the light in Willie’s life and his greatest achievement has been to be your daddy. These were his last words to me. “Great bracelets all around. ” Yes. Godspeed Willie Garson. TEAR. X, SJ. “
Parker’s job joins the ranks of others SATC tributes from cast members to Garson, including those of Christophe North, Cynthia nixon, and Mario cantone, who played Garson’s onscreen partner, Anthony Marentino.
More great stories from Vanity Show
– Met Gala 2021: See the best dressed stars on the red carpet
– The tests of Diet Prada
– 2021 Emmys: Check Out All The Red Carpet Looks
– Longtime Anthony Bourdain director and producer releases memoir
– 2021 Met Gala American Theme Winners: Who Done It Best?
– In the Hermès workshop which manufactures its iconic bags
– Love is a crime: In one of Hollywood’s craziest scandals
– The best beauty moments from the 2021 Emmy Awards
– Ted Lasso: How to dress like Keeley and Rebecca
– Extract from the Archive: Influencers on the Côte d’Utopia
– Subscribe to “The Buyline” to receive an organized list of fashion, book and beauty purchases in a weekly newsletter.